Eligibility of The Beneficiaries
A person with disabilities fulfilling following conditions would be eligible for assistance under ADIP Scheme through authorised agencies.
- He/she should be an Indian citizen of any age.
- Should be certified by a Registered Medical Practitioner that he/she is disabled and fit to use prescribed aid/appliance.
- Person who is employed/self –employed or getting pension and whose monthly income from all sources does not exceed Rs. 8,000/– per month.
- In case of dependents, the income of parents/guardians should not exceed Rs.8,000/- per month.
- Persons who have not received assistance from the Government, local bodies and Non-Official Organisations during the last 3 years for the same purpose. However, for children below12 years of age this limit would be 1 year.
Quantum of Assistance to Disabled
Only those aids/appliances which do not cost less than Rs.50/- and more than Rs.6000/- are covered under the Scheme. However, for visually, mentally, speech & hearing or multiple disabled, the limit should be Rs. 8000/- during their study period upto XII standard. The limit will apply to individual items of aid and where more than one aid is required, the ceiling will apply separately. The amount of assistance will be as follows:
Amount of assistance on the base of total income
||Amount of Assistance
|Upto Rs.5,000/– per month
||Full cost of aid/appliance
|Rs.5,001/– to Rs.8,000/– per month
||50% of the cost of aid/Appliance
Further, travelling cost would be admissible limited to bus fare in ordinary class or railway by second class sleeper subject to a limit of Rs.250/- for beneficiary irrespective of number of visits to the centre and a Certificate from Doctor or Rehabilitation Professional, travel expenses subject to the same limit would be admissible to an attendant/escort accompanying the beneficiary. The beneficiary should attend the Rehabilitation Centre nearest to his/her place of residence, except in the North-Eastern Region where he may be allowed travel cost for travelling outside the Region till such facilities become available within that Region.
Boarding and Lodging Expenses at the rate of Rs.30/– per day for maximum duration of 15 days would be admissible, only for those patients whose total income is upto Rs.5000/-per month.
Types of Aids/Appliances to be Provided
The following aids and appliances may be allowed for each type of disabled individual. However, any other items as notified from time to time by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment for the purpose will also be allowed
- All types of prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Mobility aids like tricycles, wheelchairs, crutches walking sticks and walking frames/rotators.
- All types of surgical footwears and MCR chappals.
- All types of devices for ADL (activity of daily living)
- Learning equipments like arithmetic frames, abacus, geometry kits etc. Giant Braille dots system for slow-learning blind children. Dictaphone and other variable speed recording system. Tape recorder for blind student upto XII standard.
- Science learning equipments like talking balances, taking thermometers, measuring equipments like tape measures, micrometers etc.
- Braille writing equipments including Braillers, Braille shorthand machines, typewriters for blind students after the XII class. Talking calculators, Geography learning equipment like raised maps and globes
- Communication equipments for the deaf-blind. Braille attachments for telephone for deaf-blind persons.
- Low vision aids including hand-held stand, lighted and unlighted magnifiers, speech synthesisers or Braille attachments for computers.
- Special mobility aids for visually disabled people with muscular dystrophy or cerebral palsy like adapted walkers.
- Various types of hearing aids.
- Educational kits like tape recorders etc.
- Assistive and alarming devices including devices for hearing of telephone, TV, doorbell, time alarm etc.
- Communication aids like portable speech synthesizer etc.
- All items including in locomotor disabled.
- Tricycle and wheel chair including the modifications to suit the individual.
- All types of educational kits required for the mentally disabled.
- Any suitable device as advised by the Rehabilitation Professional or treating physician.
- Any suitable device as advised by Rehabilitation Professional or treating physician.
| 2 |