Procedure for Receipt of Grant-In-Aid by An Implementing Agency
The organisations will submit their application in the prescribed format (Annexure–I & II ) to the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment through concerned State Government/UT Administration/National Institute/Regional Rehabilitation Training Centre/ District Rehabilitation Centre/any other agency authorised by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, every year. The application should be accompanied with following documents /information (duly attested):
- A copy of Registration Certificate.
- A copy of Rules, Aims and Objectives of the Organisation.
- A copy of Certified Audited Accounts and Annual Report for the last year.
- Name of the Members of Management Committee of the Organisation.
- List of identified beneficiaries and types of aids/appliances required by the organisation for supply/fitting to the identified beneficiaries.
- Estimated expenditure for distribution/fitting of aids/ appliances amongst the identified beneficiaries.
- An Undertaking that the funds will not be utilised for any other purposes.
- An Undertaking to maintain a separate account of the funds received from the Ministry under the scheme.
- The Implementing Agencies already receiving grant-in-aid under the Scheme should also furnish the list of beneficiaries assisted from the grant-in-aid released to them in the previous year as per proforma given in Annexure –IV and utilisation certificate as per Annexure –V.
- A calendar of activities for entire financial year including probable dates for holding camps etc. for distribution of aids/appliances and also maintain separate account for that.
- An Undertaking that the organisation will provide post distribution care to the beneficiaries as well as aids/appliances on demand.
- Organisation should be financially sound and viable and has requisite capability to mobilise the resources.
- The organization shall have working rapport with the District Administration and shall have capacity to utilise the expertise available with District Administration for identification of aids/appliances.
The State Government/UT Administration/National Institute/RRTC/DRC/any other agency authorised by the Ministry should send its recommendation with specific remarks about:
- Professional competence, credibility, integrity and existing infrastructure facilities for satisfactory implementation of the Scheme by the NGO/organisation.
- Eligibility of the organisation as laid down by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
- Rapport with target groups, capacity and willingness to network with other NGOs and Panchayati Raj institutions etc.
The recommendation should also include whether the NGO is getting grant-in-aid from other Ministries/ State Government etc. for the same purpose.
However, no recommendation is required in case of National Institutes and ALIMCO working under the administrative control of Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment.
Quantum of Assistance to An Implementing Agency
No ceiling should be imposed on the quantum of assistance to be released to an implementing Agency and its branches(separately) during a particular financial year. However, while deciding on the amount of grant to be given, the performance, professional expertise, capacity, track record and outreach capabilities of the agency shall be kept in view.
Sanction/Release of Grant-In Aid
The Implementing Agency will be sanctioned grant-in-aid in a particular financial year after receiving recommendation from State Government/UT Administration/National Institute/RRTC/DRC/any other agency authorised by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. The subsequent financial assistance would be sanctioned after receipt of audited accounts and list of beneficiaries with their permanent addresses in the prescribed format. The audited accounts and list of beneficiaries for the previous year's grant shall be furnished before the end of second quarter of each financial year, positively.
The recommendation authority should create the field agencies who shall strive to conduct sample checking of beneficiaries regarding utilisation of grant-in-aid by NGOs and distribution of aids and appliances by the Implementing Agencies. The sample checking would cover at least 5 to 10 per cent of the beneficiaries, which are covered under the Scheme in the previous year.
The grant-in-aid would normally be released in two instalments after processing of audited accounts and list of beneficiaries furnished by the organisation/implementing agency to the satisfaction of the Ministry.
Conditions for Assistance
- The implementing agency will be fully competent to satisfy about the monthly income of the beneficiary and shall obtain a certificate from the concerned competent authority. The identification of the beneficiaries has to be done by an expert in accordance with guidelines issued by Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in this regard.
- The implementing agency will maintain a register in the prescribed proforma (Annexure-III) about the beneficiaries assisted under the Scheme.
- The implementing agency shall maintain a separate account of funds received and utilised from the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment under the Scheme. The funds should be kept in a separate bank account to be operated under ADIP scheme.
- A certificate from the Head of the Implementing Agency to the effect that the funds have been utilised. A list of beneficiaries as per proforma given in Annexure- IV assisted by the organisation that the funds given by the Ministry will be furnished along with the yearly application as per procedure indicated in para 9.
- The final accounts for a financial year will be rendered through utilisation certificate and audited accounts signed by chartered accountant within six months of the close of the financial year.
- The agency implementing the scheme will obtain an undertaking from the beneficiary that he/she has not obtained such aid from any other agency/source during last two years and that he/she not obtained such aid from any other agency/source during last three years and that he/she will keep it for his/her bonafide use.
- The agency implementing the scheme will be open to inspection by an officer/agency authorised by Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment or the State Government/UT Administration/National Institutes/DRCs etc.
- When the Government of India has reason to believe that the sanction is not being utilised for the approved purpose the amount would be recovered from the implementing agency with interest and no further assistance would be given to the agency.
- The quantum of assistance to be given to an implementing agency during a particular year will be decided by the Government of India. The implementing agencies would, therefore, not incur any liability under the Scheme unless the funds have been sanctioned to them for the purpose.
| 3 |