State Govemment Schemes (Western Region)
Schemes & Facilities provided by Central & State Government:
Western Region (States of India)
Dadra and Nagar Haveli
- Concerned Officer:
Social Welfare Department,
Dadra & Nagar Haveli, U.T
Silvasa – 396 230
- Reservation in Government job:
- Government Job: In Gr. ‘C’ and ‘D’ posts under the Government reservation are provided in direct recruitment for physically handicapped persons as indicated below:
Reservation for The Handicapped
|Category of handicapped
||Percentage of reservation
| Orthopaedically handicapped
| Hearing handicapped
- Age relaxation: The upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for handicapped persons for applying in Government Jobs.
- Scholarship/stipend: The administration of Dadar & Nagar Haveli awards scholarship to the handicapped students at the following rates:
- Class I to V –Rs.25/– P.M.
Class VI to VIII –Rs.35/– P.M.
- From Class IX onwards
Scholarship for the handicapped students on the base of Course/Class
|Type of Course/Class
||Rate P.M for day Scholars
||Rate P.M. for Hostellers
||Reader's Allowance for V.H.
|i. Cl. IX to XII Pre–
| ii. B.A/B.Sc/B.Com. etc
Professional & Engg.
Studies etc./In Plant Training
|iv. MA/M.Sc/M.Com/LLM/M.Ed/MDS etc.
- Disability Pension/Social Security Pension: Disabled persons get Rs.60/– p.m. as disability pension. For details pl. contact Director, Social Welfare Department.
- Assistance for self employment: The handicapped persons get assistance for self employment. For details pl. refer the list (Appendix–A)
- Assistance for purchase of aids and appliances: The Physically handicapped persons are given financial assistance for purchase of aids and appliances as are necessary to increase their mobility. The quantum of assistance is given below:
Quantum of Assistance on the Base of Income
|Upto Rs.200/– p.m
||90% of the cost
|Rs.201/ to Rs.400/–p.m
||75% of the cost
|Rs.401/ to Rs.600/–p.m
||50% of the cost
Page: 1 |