State Govemment Schemes (Southern Region)
Schemes & Facilities provided by Central & State Government:
Southern Region (States of India)
(Andhra Pradesh Vikalagula Cooperative Corporation was set up in the year 1981 in the International year of the disabled to look after the welfare of the handicapped. A separate directorate for the welfare of the handicapped came into existence in 1983. These two organizations are working for the betterment of the disabled in the state)
- Concerned Officer:
The Secretary to Government
Women's Development, Child Welfare, & Labour Department,
Government of Andhra Pradesh Secretariat
- In Government Job: In Gr.‘ C’ and ‘ D’ posts under the Government reservation are provided in direct recruitment for physically handicapped persons as indicated below:
Reservation for The Handicapped
|Category of handicapped
||Percentage of reservation
| Visually handicapped
| Hearing handicapped
- In Educational Institutions:
- 2% seats are reserved in I.T.I's
- 3% seats are reserved in Government B.Ed colleges and T.T.C's
- 1% each in 3 regions of the Engineering Colleges of State of A.P
- ¼ in MBBS course
- In Fair Price Shop:
3% reservation is given to PH persons in allotment of fair price shop by Civil Supply Department. Priority is given to PH persons in sanction of ration card.
- In Housing Board:
2% quota in the houses constructed by the A.P. Housing Board is reserved for handicapped persons under hire purchase scheme. The handicapped beneficiaries are allowed to pay the contribution for allotment of houses in instalments.
- Age relaxation: The upper age limit is relaxed by 10 years for handicapped persons for applying in Government jobs.
- Scholarship/stipend: The State Government awards scholarship to the disabled students (OH VH HH) at the following rate:
Scholarship for The disabled students
In addition to OH students who are severely disabled are also eligible for Rs.50/–p.m. and Rs.25/–p.m towards Conveyance Allowance and Prosthetic/Orthotic Maintenance Allowance respectively. Further, the VH students are also eligible for an amount of Rs.50/–,75/– & 100/– p.m. towards reader allowance as per the Courses/Classes (as the case may be.)
|I to V
|VI to VIII
|IX, X and intermediate
|PGCourse, Inplant trg. Professional Courses
- Disability Pension: The State Government has sanctioned disability pension @ Rs.75/–p.m to disabled irrespective of age.
- Unemployment allowance: Rs.50/– p.m. is offered to unemployed disabled persons in the age group of 18 to 60 years and to those whose two limbs are deformed and whose annual income is less than Rs.12,000/–p.a
- Conveyance allowance: The State Government have been allowing conveyance allowance to their employees who are totally blind or Orthopaedically Handicapped at the rate of 10% of basic pay subject to maximum of Rs.175/– The same concession is also applicable to the employees working in the Public Sector Undertakings, State Electricity Board and Universities.
Page: 1 |