Government Schemes Central
- Scholarship will not be awarded:
- for pursuing a parallel course of study e.g. scholarship will not be awarded to an M.A. in Economics to pursue study in M.A. Politics.
- For study outside India
- For pursuing academic/technical course if candidate has already completed a conventional course/training.
- For undertaking any training course for the second time.
- A candidate who has received any vocational training in any Institution including any Central or State Govt. organizations shall be considered for the award of scholarship to work as trainee in any establishment approved by the Central or State Govt.
Tenure of Scholarship:
The scholarship will be tenable for a particular stage of study and is renewable from year to year within the stage of education and it will depend on promotion to the next class. However, the scholarship would be limited to a period of six years after class XII. The stage of study is given below:
- From 9th Std. Leading to pre-degree course or its equivalent examination.
- For the courses after pre-degree or its equivalent examination upto first degree examination Viz. B.A./B.Sc./B.Com/Medical/Engineering,etc.
- For post graduate course i.e. M.A./M.Sc./M.Com./LLB/B.Ed./C.A./C & W Accountancy/ ompany Secretaryship, etc.
- For the following courses in Vocational/Techinical professionals apprenticeship.
- for the certificate course
- for the diploma course
- for the post diploma course
- The period of training in commercial or any other establishment or other training shall in each case be decided by the establishment in consultation with the state Dept. of Social Welfare provided that the period shall not exceed one year, say, with specific approval of the department on the basis of exceptional circumstances set down in writing.
Mode of applying:
- Applications should be made to the state Dept.of Social Welfare in the prescribed form through the head of the Institution where the candidate is admitted as a student/apprentice /trainee.
- Documents to accompany application.
- Medical certificate from a Registered Medical Practitioner/ENT Specialist of Govt. Institution/Hospital
- Statement of Marks: Marks sheet of the previous examination passed indicating percentage of marks duly attested by a Gazetted Officer of the Central/State Govt. or head of the Institution concerned or MLA/MP
Award of Scholarship:
- All applications shall be considered by the State Dept. of Social Welfare in consultation with such experts as it may consider necessary to consult. The State Dept. of Social Welfare may refer any case of dispute to the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment. The decision of the Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment in regard to the selection or rejection shall be final.
- Every selected candidate shall be informed of the course for which scholarship has been awarded through the head of the Institution/ establishment/voluntary organization.
- The expenditure incurred on providing scholarships/ stipends to the disabled persons under this scheme by the State Govt. will be reimbursed to them by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Govt. of India.
Children's Educational Allowance
As per the office memorandum issued by the Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions (Dept. of Personnel and Training), grant of children educational allowance, reimburse of tuition fee, etc. to Central Govt. employees will be governed by the Central Civil Services orders, 1988.
As per the order, the reimbursement of tuition fee of Rs.50/-p.m. in respect of physically handicapped and mentally retarded children of the Central Govt. employee is permissible. The disabled children will however, get other assistance under this scheme as per rates prescribed for the normal children.
Railway Travel Concession
The Ministry of Railway allows the disabled persons/patients to travel at concessional fares in Indian railways.
Deaf persons are allowed 50% concession in single and return journey rail fares on production of Medical Certificate issued by the Govt. Medical Officer. After verifying the certificate concessional tickets will be issued by the station master.
50% concessions is also allowed in monthly seasonal (first and second class) ticket fares to the deaf. No concession will be allowed for the escort of the deaf person. Permission is also given to travel by 2tier-AC sleeper on payment of the concessional fare for first class and full surcharge leviable on 2 tier AC sleeper.
Procedures to avail Railway Concession:
The deaf persons intend to travel by rail at the concessional rate are required to do the following formalities.
- The candidate should obtain the copy of prescribed concession certificate.
- The concession certificate should be filled up by Govt. Doctor.
- Two zerox copies of the concession certificate be submitted to the station master at the time of purchasing tickets.
- The original certificate be kept with the candidate. The same be produced on demand during purchasing of tickets and journey.
| 2 |