The rules and regulations of the Ali Yavar Jung National Institute of Speech and Hearing Disabilities (Divyangjan) in Rule 15 state the power and functions of the Executive Council. The powers and duties of the President of the General Council are given in Rule 5.4. Rule 11.4 states functions of the Director. For the administration and management of the Ali Yavar Jung National Institute of Speech and Hearing Disabilities (Divyangjan), the Executive Council of the Institute is pleased to make the following bye-laws:
1. Short Title and Commencements:
In these bye laws unless there is anything repugnant to the context:
3. Powers and Functions of General Council and Executive Council
The General Council and Executive Council shall exercise the power as are laid down in Memorandum of Association and Rules and Regulations of the Institute.
4. Powers and Function of the Director:
The Director shall be incharge of the management and administration and shall exercise such powers as are delegated by the Executive Council in respect of the affairs of the Institute and give directives for implementing Rules and Regulations and Bye Laws of the Institute with a view to achieving its aims and objects.
5. The Director as Head of the Institute shall be responsible to organize the Institute on modern scientific lines with focus on education, training and rehabilitation research for Hearing Handicapped. As the administrative Head of the Institute, he/she shall assume full responsibility for any other duty assigned by the Institute. He/She shall exercise financial and administrative powers in accordance with schedule of powers delegated to the Director. The Director may re-delegate certain powers to his/her subordinate officers as per the delegation of power rules of the Government of India. All such re-delegation should, however, be brought to the notice of the Executive Council.
6. Composition and Function of Various Committees of the Institute like Academic Committee and Purchase Committee Etc.
With reference to the powers of the Executive Council vide Rule 11.5 of the rules and regulations of the Society, the following Committees of Specialists/Representatives of voluntary organization/heads of Institutions/social workers in the field shall be constituted by the Executive Council for technical advice, selection, purchase etc.
The Committee shall have a tenure of two years. This Committee will advise in the matter of scientific research and establishing institutional or non institution programmes for the education and training of personnel in the field of hearing handicapped. The Committee should meet atleast once a year.
Last updated on : 24/11/2016