The Rehabilitation process remains incomplete till it is equipped with the Socio Economic Rehabilitation Component. Infact the Socio Economic Rehabilitation forms the most important part of the total rehab process. NIHH
is trying to create such facilities by way of establishing required infrastructure. We have a full fledged Socio Economic Rehabilitation Department to take care of the socio–economic need of the hearing handicapped.
- To act as a centre for developing vocational training module for the persons with hearing impairment.
- To create vocational training opportunities for the persons with hearing impairment in rural areas in collaboration with voluntary organizations.
- To upgrade the status of vocational training for the persons with hearing impairment.
- To study the employability and placement of the persons with hearing impairment.
- To create awareness among the employers about the capabilities and potentials of the persons with hearing impairment.
- To identify suitable jobs and assess employment opportunities for the persons with hearing impairment.
- To develop strategies of placement for the persons with hearing handicapped.
- To develop guidelines for self–employment for the persons with hearing impairment.
- To train Vocational Counsellors, Employment Officers, Personnel Officers, Rehabilitation Officers and Social Workers working in the field of Socio–Economic Rehabilitation of the persons with hearing impairment.
- To provide vocational counseling, career guidance services for the persons with hearing impairment.
The activities of the department are brought under three major areas like service, training and research.
Service Oriented Activities
- Vocational Counselling & Guidance
- Vocational Training:
- Computer Training for Adult Deaf
- Collaborative Training Programme.
- Referral services for Vocational Training
- Public Sectors
- Private Sectors
- Unorganised sectors
- Special Employment Exchange for Persons with hearing impairment.
- Development of project proposals
- Referral to Financial Institutions
- Co–ordination with N.H.F.D.C.
- Railway concession.
- Single Language formula.