Comprehensive diagnostic, therapeutic, educational services are provided to the hearing & speech impaired. An inter–disciplinary team of audiologists, speech language pathologists, special educators, psychologists, social workers, ENT specialist, pediatrician and neurologist maintain high standard of rehabilitation services like:
- Evaluation and diagnosis of hearing, speech and language impairment
- Medical consultation and guidance
- Selection and fitting of hearing aids and ear moulds
- Speech and language therapy
- Parent Infant Programme and Pre-School services
- Parent guidance and counseling
- Educational evaluation and guidance to parents
- Psychological evaluation and counseling
- Psychotherapy, behaviour therapy and play therapy
- Vocational counseling, training and placement
- Referral and follow up services
- Certification of hearing disability
- National Open School-Special Accredited Institution for Education of the Disabled
- Outreach and extension services
- Material development & its distribution to different target groups
- Awareness programs for different target groups
- Information, documentation and dissemination services
- Technical guidance to various agencies
- Indian Sign Language Interpreter Services
- Genetic Counselling Services
- Post Cochlear Implant Rehabilitition Centre
The institute functions from Monday to Friday except on public holidays notified by the Central Government, from 9 am to 5.30 pm.
Clinical Service is provided on all working days from 9 am to 5.30 pm.
Online Appointment can be made for the Clinical services through the portal https://ors.gov.in/. For guidance regarding online appointment procedure, call Toll free number 1800222014 OR 022-26400215/228 and selecting the desired departmental extension number.
The institute is an implementing agency for the ADIP scheme of Government of India through which Aids and Appliances are given free or at concessional rate depending on the income slab. For details, refer to the ADIP Scheme link provided in the website.
Directorate of Health Services, Govt. of Maharashtra has authorised AYJNISHD (D), Mumbai, to issue Hearing Disability Certificate for persons with hearing disability from all districts of Maharashtra vide their letter no. संआसे/कक्ष. - ३/टे - १०/अपंग / बैठक / अप्रविसस्थेतवाढ़ /३४६४७-६६ /१७ दि. २७.१०.२०१७ and the same has been implemented.